Reduce Backup Coats – Withstand Process Stresses Deluxcote concentrate was developed to reduce backup coats while building a shell that withstands the stresses of handling, dewax and pouring. Its unique formula is designed to build thicker, stronger and more flexible individual shell coats. Deluxcote concentrate is allowing foundries around the world to streamline their shell-building processes.
Build a Stronger Shell with up to 50% Fewer Backup Coats
- Increase shell throughput and increase production without increasing labor or overhead costs.
- Reduce work in process inventory.
- Reduce shell room bottlenecks.
- Reallocate labor to other bottleneck areas.
Eliminate or Substantially Reduce Cracking
- Reduce scrap and rework related to shell cracking and defects like finning and inclusions.
- Reduce quantity of patching material required and labor time used to apply patch.
- Focus labor on pouring instead of shell reparation.
- Dramatically reduce or eliminate the need for a post-autoclave seal coat.
Use with a Wide Variety of Refractory Materials
- Benefits are available with your current refractory materials – no need to make changes.
- Just add Deluxcote concentrate to Levasil® FO830 colloidal silica and water – no other materials required.
Deluxcote concentrate is designed to give the investment caster numerous process & economic benefits through:
Fewer dips per shell
- Better crack resistance, even with fewer coats
- Excellent wetting and draining properties
- Higher green strength
- Dry times similar to existing specialty binders
- Reduced material consumption
The actual benefits obtained by each foundry may vary depending on the particular foundry application and the critical process parameters that are targeted by each foundry.